I am married to a U.S. citizen spouse. Where do we file an I-130 for me?


My wife (a U.S. citizen) and I have been living overseas for a few years.  How quickly can I get a “green card” so we can return to the U.S?


Unfortunately, although until recently you could have visited the consulate and they would have the USCIS office adjudicate a petition and a few weeks later she could have immigrated, now, most of these I-130 petitions have to be sent to the USCIS office in the U.S. and the processing time can be as much as 6 – 9 months before you will be issued an immigrant visa.

| Immigrant